International conference on Women in Science and Technology in the Arab
Countries, April 21-23, 2013.
Venue: Kuwait City, Kuwait
The conference is organized by the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research (KISR) in collaboration with the Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD). The organizers of this conference are looking forward to welcome you to Kuwait for this important meeting.
This conference is organized to bring women in the Arab countries together to discuss how to foster women’s contribution to science and technology. Invited speakers representing women in the Arab countries as well as other regions will highlight topics related to science and technology, health and the environment as well as gender issues and leadership.
The conference targets women scientists in academia, research institutes, industry, or governmental organizations. In particular women at an early stage in their scientific career are encouraged to participate.
Main Conference Themes
- Women, leadership and gender issues
- Women and health
- Women, science and technology in the Arab world
- Women and environmentally sustainable development
Abstracts and Manuscripts
- Submission of abstracts by 7 December 2012
- Abstracts will be selected for oral or poster presentations by 31 December 2012
- Submission of full manuscripts for oral presentations by 31 March 2013
- All abstracts will be published in a book of abstracts.
- Manuscripts will be published in conference proceedings.
Guidelines for abstract submission
1. Please prepare your abstract in English, using single line spacing and Times New Roman font size 12. Abstracts should be submitted as word documents.
2. The maximum word count is 300, excluding title, authors’ names and affiliations.
3. The name of the presenting author should be underlined. Please include full contact details for this author and a short CV in a cover letter/e-mail message.
4. Please prepare a structured abstract including the following sub headings:
b) Materials and methods
5. Abstracts will be reproduced in the book of abstracts as received.
6. Please send your abstract and contact information of the presenting author to firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizing committee: Dr Afaf Al-Nasser, KISR (chair)
Scientific committee: Mrs. Suad Al Hooti, KISR (chair)
For more information, please contact the conference Secretary
Mr. Abdul Mutalab Sardar Al-Fraydoon : E-mail: email@example.com